- He called me every name in the book.
- He lied to me.
- He forced me to not have friends
- He would freak out if I did or said certain things.
- He monitored what I wore.
- He monitored who I was talking too and what it was about.
- He monitored where I was.
- He degraded me.
- He demanded me to do things, not ask.
- He never felt bad or apologized when he was in the wrong.
- He blame me that I caused his shitty behavior.
- He pulled my hair, pinched so hard I’d bruise, shove me.
- He would go through my phone.
- He would say he is going to burn some of my clothing he didn’t like.
- He would say he will murder me if I ever cheated on him, even though I never gave him a reason to think I would.
- He thought he was better than me.
- He was mean to my family.
- He would call me 80+ times if I ignored him, even though he would ignore me.
- He forced me to do things I did not want to do.
- He didn’t want me to look pretty.
I’m not writing this for pity. I’m not writing this for other people to tell me I was stupid for staying so long.
Why did I stay so long? Why do others stay in this situation?
- “Because he was so nice and amazing at first.”
- “Because he loves me.”
- “Because I wont find anybody else.”
- “Because I don’t want to be alone.”
- “Because it’s not that bad.”
- “Because it’s not a big deal.”
I’m writing this so others in this situation know that even if HE/SHE DOESN’T hit you this is still abuse! Every single thing I listed is abuse. If you or someone you know is in a relationship like this, Please tell them they all start out amazing and nice, that is not love, you will find someone else, you will love again, it IS that bad and it is a BIG DEAL! You can rationalize their behavior all you want, but at the end of the day, it is abuse. He may not have hit you, yet, but it’s ABUSE. And you don’t deserve that. You are WORTHY of something way way more! If you are dealing with this please talk to someone you trust and will be there for you until you are finally able to leave for good. If you don’t have someone, I am here. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find me on Instagram @juliaakaylinn